For the next edition of our “Emerging Artist” series, we have Cleveland’s own Eric Wilson joining us! Get to know them and see them performing live in either Cleveland or Atlanta at an Afton show!
– Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Eric Wilson. I’m 45 years old and from Cleveland, Ohio.
– When did you start playing music?
I started playing music when I was 4 years old. A lot of people in my family are or were musicians so it’s definitely in the blood. I’m related to Frankie Beverly, Evelyn Champagne King, Dave Tolliver, and others in the music business.
– What inspires you the most to keep going?
I feel that when God blesses you with a talent, you are obligated to use it to benefit others and that’s what keeps me going. I’m also a producer and I love composing and working with other artists.
– Where do you see yourself in 3 years and how can Afton help you get there? (this one sounds kind of bad, but basically something about how Afton can help you achieve your goals is what I am getting at).
In three years, I see myself producing and acting in movies. I also see the artists that produce as much bigger. Within three years, I want to be able to create real opportunities for new artists.
– What things do you enjoy about playing with Afton?
Afton can help by offering more shows out of town and helping with publicity for that particular show. Exposure is the challenge.
– What was it that got you into playing your genre?
I started really getting into Hip Hop and rapping in 1985. I was influenced by LL Cool J.
– Where can people find you? What is the best website for new listeners to find your music?
Be sure to give them a listen and stay tuned for future Emerging Artist!
Zach LincolnNew Venue Relations & Booking ManagerZach is in charge of acquiring new venues for Afton shows, as well as managing the relationships we have with the 100+ venues we currently work with. He is a Booking Manager, Social Media Manager, and contributes to our Afton Blog. Hobbies include disc golf, biking, and going to concerts. He’s constantly working on finding more great performance spaces for our artists to enjoy, and actively helps improve the way we serve our artists on a day to day basis.